Wook Jin has 12 years of specialist corporate and commercial law experience advising listed issuers, private businesses and private equity fund managers on a wide variety of corporate advisory, governance and transactional matters, including mergers, acquisitions, divestments and equity capital raisings.
He is also experienced in dealing with joint ventures, competitive processes and foreign investment issues, and negotiation of business-critical commercial contracts, particularly in the electricity distribution sector.
Wook Jin is fluent in Korean and is well placed to advise Korean corporate clients on cross-border investment transactions.
Admission date: 2008
Wook Jin has advised:
- an NZX- and ASX-listed corporate franchisee on its acquisition of quick service restaurant franchises in Australia and the Pacific Islands.
- an NZX- and ASX-listed corporate franchisee on its response to a partial takeover offer for 75% of the company.
- a SGX-listed issuer on its joint venture with a New Zealand company and full takeover offer for a NZX-listed FinTech solutions provider.
- an NZX-listed utility company on its preparation and negotiation of use-of-system agreements for conveyance of electricity, including advising on the industry consultation process with the regulator.
- a leading New Zealand private equity fund manager on the merger of leading paper merchants in the Asia-Pacific and the partial sell-down of the combined group to the JPX-listed Japan Pulp and Paper, and the subsequent exit of the fund’s investment in the combined group.
- an NZX-listed donor management SaaS provider on the block trade of its co-founders’ stakes in the company through an underwritten bookbuild process.
- an NZX-listed investment company on its acquisition of leading hospitality outlets and subsequent bolt-on acquisitions.