Paula is a leading commercial property and construction lawyer with 12 years' experience with top tier firms, advising in all aspects of commercial property.
Her specialty expertise is in property development, complex leasing deals and high-value portfolio acquisitions and disposals. Paula also has a particular interest in infrastructure projects, including large-scale construction and local government law.
She advises both institutional landlords and major retail tenants and on the construction side is experienced in acting for principals (including large local and international businesses, iwi, the Crown and local government) as well as some of New Zealand's largest contractors.
Paula is recognised as a Next Generation Lawyer by Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2019.
Admission date: 2007
- Stride Property on the purchase of NorthWest, Silverdale Centre, Chartwell and Queensgate shopping centres and ongoing leasing arrangements.
- Fletcher Building on property acquisitions and disposals, including the recent sale of James Fletcher Drive.
- Tainui Group Holdings on strategic projects, including the development, construction and leasing of the Ruakura Inland Port, the sale of 50% of The Base to Kiwi Property and replacement ground lease arrangements, and the construction and leasing arrangements for The Base and both Auckland Airport hotels.
- Downer New Zealand on its acquisition of the construction infrastructure and project management business of Hawkins from the McConnell family.
- H&M on its flagship lease at Commercial Bay.
- Emirates Team New Zealand on the leasing arrangements for the team bases for the 2021 America’s Cup.