Nick is an associate in our Auckland based banking and financial markets team.
Nick’s practice includes investment funds, financial services regulation, KiwiSaver, superannuation, capital markets, AML/CFT law and CRS/FATCA.
Nick works with a range of New Zealand banks, fund managers, wealth managers and financial advisory firms.
Nick also has a background as a tax lawyer, including three years working at an international law firm in London focusing on cross-border tax matters for corporate clients, financial institutions and high-net worth individuals.
Admission date: 2012
Nick has advised:
- Banks and fund managers in relation to managed funds and KiwiSaver, including general Financial Markets Conduct Act compliance.
- Banks, wealth management businesses and financial adviser networks in relation to the regulation of financial advice, including the Financial Services Legislation Amendment Act.
- Several New Zealand issuers and supervisors on both retail and wholesale debt capital markets issuances.
- Financial service providers on anti-money laundering and CRS/FATCA matters.
- A listed European investment company on its corporate migration to the UK and its corresponding inward listing on the London Stock Exchange.
- A South African venture capital firm on cross-border tax, corporate law and executive remuneration matters.