Ekta brings experience across a wide range of property matters, including commercial acquisitions and disposals; retail, commercial and industrial leasing; and due diligence investigations.
Ekta recently returned to New Zealand from Norton Rose Fulbright in Sydney.
October 2010 (NZ)
September 2017 (NSW)
- Acting for a multinational corporate in respect of sale of a 48,400 sqm shopping centre in Sydney for $140m, including undertaking vendor due diligence, drafting and negotiation of pre-commitment documentation, attending to satisfaction of conditions, drafting sale and purchase agreement, and attending to settlement.
- Acting for residential property developers on subdivisions, developments and sale of residential development sites, including undertaking purchaser due diligence on proposed acquisition of development site, negotiating and drafting sale and purchase agreements for acquisition of development site, drafting pre-sale contracts for subdivided lots, liaising with banks regarding financing requirements, attending to settlement of acquisition of development site, assisting with subdivision and development matters, and attending to sale of subdivided lots.
- Acting for a multinational corporate in respect of sale of a commercial building in Melbourne CBD for $150m.
- Acting for a NSW Crown entity on a wide range of matters including property acquisitions and disposals, due diligence investigations and leasing matters.
- Acting for Councils in Auckland and NSW in relation to their property interests including leasing and licensing matters; and advising Councils on their roles and responsibilities regarding crown land and development agreements.
- Acting for major (both local and overseas) landlords and tenants (including supermarkets, banks, jewellery chains and optometry stores) on retail, commercial, industrial and offices leases including pre-commitment documentation and incentive arrangements.