Charles is a senior associate in the Auckland based corporate and commercial team. He has recently joined Kensington Swan having spent the last five years working at one of Australia’s leading law firms in Melbourne.
He has a broad knowledge of general corporate and commercial law, with a specialty in the sale and purchase of businesses, corporate governance and financing.
Charles provides advice on all corporate and commercial matters including advising local, national and international clients on mergers and acquisitions, commercial contracts, and general business advisory matters.
Charles’ personable and down to earth approach allows him to form genuine partnerships with clients, and his passion for sport gives him a determined and competitive mindset, driving him to deliver the best possible results and service.
New Zealand (2010)
Charles' experience includes:
- Advising on the sale of Australia’s leading homewares wholesaler, Albi, to South African-based investment firm Coast2Coast Capital.
- Acting in relation to the sale of the business and business premises of Nutrition Care Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd to a subsidiary of Hong Kong Stock Exchange listed entity, Ausnutria Dairy Corporation Ltd.
- Establishing and then advising a joint venture between two of Australasia’s pre-eminent steel companies in relation to an acquisition of a large proprietary company and subsequent structuring and corporate governance advice.
- Acting for listed Italian multi-national defence industry conglomerate, Leonardo SPA, and its subsidiaries in relation to acquisitions, re-structuring, governance issues and Foreign Investment Review Board applications.
- Advising on a $300m finance facility for Australian retail giants 7-Eleven and Starbucks.
- Acting for New York-based institutional investment manager, Brevet Capital, on a number of structured finance transactions involving research and development tax rebates.