Campbell is a senior associate in our Wellington M&A corporate and commercial team. He returned to Kensington Swan in January 2018 after five years living and working as a lawyer in London.
He provides advice on all corporate and commercial matters including corporate governance, all manner of commercial contracts, privacy and data protection, IT agreements and IP licensing arrangements.
Campbell has provided advice to clients in a wide range of industries, including the technology, payments, hospitality, retail, and life sciences and pharmaceuticals sectors.
He has a particular interest in innovation, payments and fintech, which he developed after working closely with the European General Counsel of a global payments network while on secondment.
Admission date: 2008
While in London, Campbell’s experience included providing advice to:
• a global packaging company on the separation and potential divestment of one of its key strategic businesses;
• a Luxembourg-based global funds manager with respect to a proposed restructuring of its IT and other back-office functions;
• a global payments network company on its card issuing arrangements with a major UK bank;
• the UK Payment Council on the launch of a mobile payments solution known as Paym; and
• a celebrity chef in respect of his arrangements with a global hotel chain.
In addition, Campbell has advised numerous clients on compliance with data protection law and the implications of the introduction of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), in particular to clients based outside the EU.