Ariana is a member of our construction and major projects team. She specialises in resolving construction and infrastructure disputes.
She advises clients across the industry, including multinational contractors, residential property developers, and owners. She works closely with in-house counsel and senior management.
Ariana helps resolve a wide range of disputes on construction projects and she has recently developed expertise in litigating performance bonds, preventing the bonds from being called.
Ariana understands that disputes can create an unpleasant working environment and she will help you develop a resolution strategy that keeps your project on track and maintains goodwill between all parties involved.
Ariana also advises clients on construction and development projects. She drafts and negotiates contracts for road, transport, social housing and other infrastructure projects, including public private partnerships.
Ariana is experienced in weathertightness and building defect litigation, representing the full spectrum of affected parties (from bodies corporate and owners, developers, builders and contractors). She works closely with body corporates, helping them to solve internal disputes and deal with the multitude of issues facing them.
Admission date: 2009
Ariana has advised:
- Multiple clients on negotiating, structuring and documenting building and infrastructure projects (including requests for tenders/proposals) and substantive contractual documents, such as construction contracts, alliancing, facilities management, and operation and maintenance contracts.
- Multiple residential developers and builders in a number of High Court claims over disputes concerning the construction of properties in residential subdivisions.
- Multiple clients (including principals, contractors, sub-contractors, and consultants) in regards to claims for delay and disruption, extensions of time, and liquidated damages.
- Multiple clients (including principals, contractors, sub-contractors, and consultants) for adjudications under the Construction Contracts Act 2002.
- Managing and conducting complex proceedings for multiple clients (including homeowners, bodies corporate, developers, builders, consultants, and project managers) in all forums including court hearings, adjudications, mediations and negotiations. She is currently acting for the builder in New Zealand’s largest claim to date ($81 million).
- Multiple clients on advising on the appropriate structure of bonds, calling performance bonds under construction and infrastructure contracts, and injuncting to enforce or prevent their call.