Adam Tapsell is a Solicitor in Kensington Swan Pakihi. He specialises in Māori business development, governance, group structuring and trust law.
Adam also works alongside the Environment and Planning team and is particularly interested in the role that Māori play in the management of natural resources in Aotearoa.
Admission date: 2016
Adam has assisted in advising on:
- The legal and strategic implications for a Māori collective in Northland from acquiring forestry land subject to a forestry right under the Forestry Rights Registration Act 1983.
- Legal and strategic advice to a Māori collective in Gisborne on the potential purchase of social housing stock under the Social Housing Purchase Reform.
- Goodmans Contractors Limited on obtaining a resource consent to borrow sand for strengthening the Whirokino Trestle bridge. This advice involved the recognition and navigation of complex tāngata whenua issues.
- Te Rua o te Moko Trust on a joint venture dairy operation involving multiple Māori land blocks and the potential acquisition of a Crown owned block.
- NZ Transport Agency on various resource management issues, including plan changes and the scope of designations and resource consents.