Special Counsel promotions:
Senior Associate promotions:
These promotions are effective from 1 January 2018, and are part of our ongoing commitment to the development and progression of excellent lawyers within the firm. Each of the following individuals are experts in their respective fields and committed to delivering exceptional outcomes to their clients.
- Rachel Burt is an experienced advocate and litigator who advises clients across the business spectrum on all manner of employment law and health and safety issues. Rachel is a qualified mediator and has extensive experience in representing clients at mediation and in the Employment Relations Authority and the Employment Court. She is well respected in the market and last year was one of only seven employment lawyers in New Zealand to be recognised by Legal 500 as a ‘Next Generation’ lawyer.
- Michelle Hill plays a significant role in Kensington Swan’s property team. She joined Kensington Swan in 2014 and since then has played an integral part in developing the firm’s growth through numerous client wins. Michelle is a widely acknowledged expert lawyer in the commercial property field, with particular emphasis on commercial leasing and unit titles. She has fostered many strong relationships with clients which has enabled her to develop the trust of her clients.
- Nick Summerfield is a leader in our Banking and Financial Markets team and widely recognised for his technical excellence across all aspects of financial products and services. Nick has an in-depth understanding of the financial services industry and he brings a global perspective to his work having spent time working in both the UK and Australia. Nick’s clients value his commercial pragmatism.
- Amy Jardine has extensive experience advising clients on a broad range of commercial arrangements, ranging from strategic transactions to all aspects of daily operations. She is especially recognised for her expertise in commercial contracting, consumer law and mergers and acquisitions. Amy provides pragmatic legal advice and solutions that demonstrate a high awareness of her clients’ needs. Amy worked in Australia at a leading international law firm for a number of years before returning to New Zealand.
- Reece Leggett is recognised for his expertise in helping clients resolve commercial and civil disputes, with a particular focus on competition law. He has experience in a wide range of dispute-resolution methods, and has appeared before arbitrators, mediators, and the courts. He started his career at Kensington Swan before travelling and working in Dubai for a number of years. He returned to New Zealand in late 2016 where he re-joined Kensington Swan.