Since the Christchurch earthquakes, Kensington Swan has developed considerable expertise in addressing a wide range of issues relating to earthquakes and other natural disasters.
We provide legal advice to:
- landlords and tenants on issues relating to damage, destruction and cordons (e.g. reinstatement, rent abatement, insurance, and lease termination)
- PCBUs and officers on health and safety issues (including asbestos), and related employment law issues
- vendors and purchasers on the effect of damage in the context of agreements for sale and purchase
- owners, tenants, contractors, and consultants on potential claims arising from non-compliance with earthquake and/or building standards
- owners and occupiers on interim and replacement occupancy/lease arrangements, and construction issues
© 2017 KENSINGTON SWAN The contents of this newsletter are for general information purposes only, and should not be acted upon without specific advice. Kensington Swan does not accept any liability other than to its clients, and then only in relation to specific requests for advice.