We advise several banks and finance companies in the area of strategic business expansion matters, including product development and re-documentation projects. Our partners regularly present at industry and professional conferences on the application of the financial services law reforms introduced over the last decade. In these areas, we are known for our in-depth knowledge and practical know-how.
Our banking and finance team are experts on:
- the Personal Property Securities Act 1999
- the regulatory regimes that apply to banks, non-bank deposit takers and licensed insurers
- New Zealand’s consumer credit laws
- financial service provider and financial adviser regulation
- anti-money laundering laws.
We have particular skills in the area of product development, including retail and commercial lending and security documentation, card schemes, investment products and ‘white-label’ arrangements.
Related legal services